Baskets are great. Use them for clothes, shoes, cords, magazine, whatever you want. While both of these examples have handmade elements, they both only cost about $15 to make.
DIY Pom-Pom Basket
Supplies: Cardboard, Yarn in any color you would like, X-Acto Knife, Scissors
1. Using a glass, trace a circle in the cardboard. Then trace a smaller circle inside. The larger the space between the small circle and the big circle, the bigger the pom-pom.
2. Cut out the big circle and the small circle. Then cut out a two inch opening around the edge of the large circle.
3. Once you have this circle, trace the circle onto the cardboard and cut out the copy.
4. Wrap the yarn around both circles. When you’ve covered the circles with yarn, cut a small piece of yarn and insert between the two circles.
5. Cut the yarn being careful not to loose any of the pieces. Once all the yarn is cut, tie it up.
DIY Linen Basket
Supplies: Fabric that you like (thin), Scissors
1. Measure the perimeter of the basket.
2. Measure a piece of fabric that is three inches larger on each side than the perimeter of the basket.
3. Cut the piece of fabric and lay it over the top. Cut each corner from the corner of the fabric to the corner of the basket.
4. Tie the two pieces of fabric around each corner.