The world’s oldest food… maybe. But regardless, bread is a classic, a staple in American life. I tried one of many recipes, I particularly wanted to make seed bread as I try to incorporate more seeds when I can.
2 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
1 cup Sunflower Seeds
1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
1/2 cup Chia Seeds
1/3 cup Ground Psyllium Husks
2 teaspoons Sea Salt
2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cups Water
- Mix together all dry ingredients
- Fold in wet ingredients
- Oil bread pan
- Put bread mix into pan and smooth out on top
- Put bread into fridge for 3-12 hours
- Take out of fridge and let dough warm back to room-temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for about an hour or until baked through
- Let cool
This bread is pretty good toasted with fresh butter, or even with a little peanut butter and honey.
As always, I hope everyone has a good week and let me know what I should try to make next!